Equine Research Hall of Fame Nominations Sought
The University of Kentucky (UK) Gluck Equine Research Foundation is calling for nominations for the Equine Research Hall of Fame, which recognizes individuals who have had distinguished careers in equine research.
The Hall of Fame is located at the UK Gluck Equine Research Center, in Lexington. It was established to honor those who have dedicated their careers to expanding the body of knowledge in some field of equine science through their contributions to basic or applied research. The Hall of Fame is a lasting tribute to those internationally renowned for their endeavors as equine researchers.
All nominations will be submitted to an international review committee comprised of current Equine Research Hall of Fame members, who will recommend to the Foundation’s Hall of Fame Committee nominees whom they consider qualified for this unique distinction. The UK Gluck Equine Research Foundation will announce those selected for induction.
Those eligible for consideration must have contributed very significantly to the field of equine research over an extended period. Nominees can be active researchers, retired, or deceased (posthumous award).
Nomination forms are available by contacting Jenny Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be submitted to Evans by e-mail no later than June 11.
Equine Research Hall of Fame Members
- 1990 – W. R. “Twink” Allen, BVSc, PhD, ScD, DESM, MRCVS – England
- 1990 – John T. Bryans, MS, PhD – United States
- 1990 – William Wallace Dimock, DVM – United States
- 1990 – Elvis Roger Doll, MS, DVM – United States
- 1990 – J. Harold Drudge, DVM – United States
- 1990 – O. J. Ginther, VMD, MS, PhD – United States
- 1990 – Harold Hintz, MS, PhD –United States
- 1990 – Frederick Hobday, MRCVS – England
- 1990 – Robert M. Kenney, DVM, PhD – United States
- 1990 – Peter D. Rossdale, OBE, MA, PhD, DESM, FACVSc, FRCVS – England
- 1990 – Clyde Stormont, PhD – United States
- 1990 – Sir Arnold Theiler, DVM – South Africa
- 1991 – Philip R. Edwards, PhD – United States
- 1991 – Leo B. Jeffcott, BVetMed, PhD, FRCVS, DVSc – England/Australia
- 1992 – Harold E. Garner, DVM, MS, PhD – United States
- 1995 – Baltus Erasmus, BVSc – South Africa
- 2005 – Travis C. McGuire, DVM, PhD – United States
- 2005 – C. Wayne McIlwraith, BVSc, FRCVS, PhD, Dipl. ACVS, ECVS – New Zealand
- 2007 – Edward L. Squires, MS, PhD, Hon. Dipl. ACT – United States
- 2009 – Doug Antczak, VMD, PhD – United States
- 2009 – I.G. “Joe” Mayhew, BVSc, FRCVS, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, ECVN – New Zealand
- 2009 – Alan Nixon, BVSc, MS, Dipl. ACVS – United States
- 2009 – Peter J. Timoney, FRCVS, PhD – United States
- 2012 – Eugene T. Lyons, PhD – United States
- 2012 – George P. Allen, PhD – United States
- 2012 – Stephanie J. Valberg, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVIM, ACVSMR – United States
- 2014 – Michelle LeBlanc, DVM, Dipl. ACT – United States
- 2014 – Ernie Bailey, PhD – United States
- 2014 – Elwyn Firth, BVSc, MS, PhD, Dipl. ACVS – New Zealand
- 2016 – Norm Ducharme, DMV, MSc, Dipl. ACVS – United States
- 2016 – Sue Dyson, MA, Vet MB, PhD, DEO, FRCVS – United Kingdom
- 2016 – Susan Stover, DVM, PhD, Dipl. ACVS– United States
Author: Jenny Evans